Thursday, November 1, 2007

It has been a while since I have been able to update my blog. I recently was discharged from the Cancer Institute for a couple of weeks and received a visit right before I left. A surprise visit from some friends from the Czech Republic where I served a mission for two years! It was neat to see them and practice a little Czech language.

It was good to go home for a little while and see some friend and regain my strength. I was pretty weak after being in the hospital for two months. I have been meaning to update my blog but some days are easier than others. Good thing I have a lot of friends and family to jump on me and remind me to update my blog. (Thanks Nick)

I have received great comments from family and friends and I sure appreciate hear from all you. I can't thank you enough for your support and love at this time. My last Chemo treatment has seemed to be a little tougher than the last. My body just seems weaker and my spirits are up and down each day. The Doctors have decided to let me be an out patient and recover at home. I like being able to be home and see my family each day. It sure has been a blessing! I have been going in for a lot of check ups and things seem to be going as scheduled. I have another bone marrow biopsy in a few weeks and then will know more on the transplant.

I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic and eat a lot of home cooked meals! Some days harder than others. (Just Kidding Mom) Keep the comments coming and I'll keep on keeping on! Love, Harrrison

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

G U I D A N C E

This is amazing that someone even thought of this!

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing 'dance' at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness,
and attentiveness from one person
and gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw 'G': I thought of God, followed by 'u' and 'i'.
'God, 'u' and 'i' dance.'
God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
that I would get guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.
My prayer for you today is that God's blessings
and mercies are upon you on this day and everyday.
May you abide in God, as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting God to lead
and to guide you through each season of your life.
And I Hope You Dance !


Greetings Harrison,
I was thankful to read your current news and see lots of smiling faces. I'm also very thankful that God gave us moms and especially glad He gave you one who can cook well. May you continue to be strengthened by home and homecooking. In Christ's love, Nick's aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for updating your blog I have been wondering what you have been up to. That is awesome you got to go home and eat your mommys home cooked meals. (Gails food rocks!) I hope to see you soon. Keep on being the wonderful person you are I just know you will pull through this.
Lots of love!
Cousin Angi XOXO

Nick Raitt said...

Way to go man! Nice blog!
Thats cool they are letting you be an out patient. That will probably help you a lot. You will be a lot more comfortable thats for sure.
That must of been really cool to have friends from the Czech Republic come and see you. Its crazy how much suprises like that help huh. Im telling you now though man... the chemos will get easier I promise. Just gotta keep on fightingh you know.
Ill be in the hospital on the 19th through the 24th. So if your in during that time make sure to stop by.
KEEP IT UP MAN!
-Nick Raitt

Anonymous said...

Hi Harrison!

Thanks for the update - I ask Nick every day if he has heard from you. Nick can relate to delays in updating the blog - sometimes he just doesn't feel like posting anything, especially when trying to put a positive spin on it ("positive, schmozitive"). So he has given me permission to post for him when he isn't up to it. Maybe your mom or someone in your family can post for you occasionaly. There are so many people that want to know how you are doing but are hesistant to disturb family time. Also, it is really difficult for others to grasp what you are going through - the testing, appointments, chemo drugs, side effects and the learning curve in trying to understand what is happening to your body. So please continue to share and learn with us; you never know who is out here with the ability to help in ways you've never even considered.

You are a lucky duck getting your mom's home cooking - way more effective than chemo, I think! We are celebrating Thanksgiving this week as Nick will be in the hospital next week. We'll rely on surrogate home cooking, aka Marie Calendars, to bring up for the official Thanksgiving dinner.

Our family watched "Evan Almighty" and it has a good message. I recommend it if you haven't already watched it.

Hang tough and take it a day at a time. You are doing great! Our prayers continue for your recovery and peace of heart.

Lori Brower (Nick's mom)